Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Monk charged

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/23/3171735.htm?site=news
Catholic brother denies sexual assault
Posted 7 hours 19 minutes ago

A Catholic brother indecently assaulted a teenager he was meant to be counselling after the youth had been molested by another man, a Sydney court has heard.

William Stanley Irwin is standing trial for sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy at St Stanislaus College in Bathurst more than 20 years ago.

The 55-year-old, himself a former student at the elite boys school, has pleaded not guilty to two counts of gross indecency, involving a 17-year-old in 1986.

At the trial's opening, the Crown alleged Irwin was in the same Melbourne church group as the boy.

The court was told Irwin had been counselling him after he had been sexually assaulted by another man while doing work experience two years earlier.

The Crown prosecutor told the court the accused kissed and touched the victim inappropriately at the college in the mid-1980s.

The victim, now 41, was giving evidence to a closed court.

No comments: