Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Head of boys' home accused

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/group_home_cleric_abused_teen_cops_Uge3LPnKY5jC45ZTQhh9TM

Group-home cleric abused teen: cops
By LARRY CELONA and DAN MANGAN

Last Updated: 5:18 AM, November 16, 2010

Posted: 12:44 AM, November 16, 2010

Comments: 1 More Print A 72-year-old Catholic Marianist brother who runs a Queens home for troubled boys has been arrested and charged with sexually abusing a 16-year-old, police sources said last night.

Brother Tom Trager was taken into custody Nov. 4 after the teenager told them Trager had been molesting him for two years outside the home, the sources said.

Trager, who heads the St. John's Residence for Boys in Rockaway Park, was charged with sexual abuse, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child. He was released on $15,000 bail.

The group home has been plagued with problems over the years, including the alleged gang rape of a 9-year-old by three teens and reports that the foster-care facility was out of control.

Trager has managed to weather every storm, so far.

A woman answering the phone there yesterday declined to comment.



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/group_home_cleric_abused_teen_cops_Uge3LPnKY5jC45ZTQhh9TM#ixzz15SMneBv3

1 comment:

Armand Audrey said...

I hope my tax dollars weren't given to the place.

It's disturbing that anyone would be naive enough to actually send their child to a Catholic run boy's home.